[Monthly Event] Draw Your Dragon As...

Started by Garfy, April 16, 2013, 01:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garfy

So was going to try the MCA/DCA annual award thing, but there's really not much activity so let's wait till next year. Instead, you get this SB-inspired prompt.

Draw your dragon as an old version of themselves.
Extra Points: Draw someone else's. (+6)

+2 points for a ridiculously-detailed cane or glasses.
+2 points for some kind of crazy hair.
+2 points for some related family member (and their respective age-change)
+2 points for them doing something great
+2 points for only using 3 colors
+2 points for adding a pet
+2 points for using no straight lines
+2 points for using no lines at all
+2 points for making them look like some real person (traits not like drawing a person)
+2 points for _______ (you must make a convincing argument or else you get -1 point!)
+2 points for more than 1 drawing (+1 point for any extra drawings after that)

We'll do a poll for the most amusing drawing.
And there will be a winner for the most points? I dunno.
These two winners will probably get a sticker.

Housekeeping
No limit on the amount of drawings! But other than the extra points for multiple drawings, points don't combine.
Drawings will be due April 30th. Voting will happen for the 3-4 days after.
Misha is up next month, then me.
YOU GUYS BETTER GO SIGN UP! If we want to make this work, we gotta keep it going. Even something like this is great. It took me 5 minutes. GO SIGN UP FOR SRS. <3

Auri

So I just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly:  by "points don't combine", do you mean that each drawing can only be good for one bonus category (not counting the "multiple drawings" bonus)?  Like If I wanted to pick up bonus points for "crazy hair", "glasses", and "only 3 colors", I'd have to do three drawings rather than using them all in one image?   Or were you trying to say that you can only earn the points for each category once, and that if I do ten drawings of old Cat Lady Heikue, I only get two points for including a pet, not 20? 

Garfy

I'm saying that if picture 1 is 10 points and picture 2 is 20. You would get the score of 20 + points for having 2 pictures. Not 30 + points for having 2 pictures.

Unless it'd be better to do only can gets points from each category once?

Phex

I'm sort of confused about the point system, but I want to do this!

Oh. It's due April 30th? Eeeeyeah... I might have to just post later and not actually compete. However, I should be able to find time as long as there's no surrounding and immediate schoolwork I need to be doing instead.

* Note: Dots underneath a name = hover mouse for more info
Italics = Does not have a CD

Main Characters:
Hope|Acedia|Dawnfire|Genesis|Serine|Kree|Naja|Chantage|Rosae|Sheer|Disho|Orion|Halloween

NPCs:
Main Bosses: [Elyon|Sabellion]

General: [Justasciaar|Jericho|Nadir|Emet/Dr. Melek]

Vices: [Voracity|Invidia|Avarice|Ira|Acedia]

Vessels: [Cabernet|Merlot|Rum|Champagne|Shiraz]

PLACES:
Crowline: The Rook, Crowline Cemetery, Halloween's house; Betheden: the Shelter (at Willow Gate); San Pahara

Garfy

This is more for fun guys! Awesome detailed drawings are good, but if you want to do a sketch, you still have an equal chance of winning. :) If you don't have time to get it in before the deadline, just do a sketch or something on paper during class!

Garfy

Phoenix

I keep meaning to post here so before I waste another day NOT doing it, I'm going to.

I want to do this! Seriously!  Awesome idea. I've meant to host one of these little games for ages-just ask Phex.  Anyway, I'm not sure if I can make the deadline but I'll do my best.  My back still isn't feeling the greatest and it's hard to sit for too long so time will tell.

Beaky

Man my scanner picked a lousy time to break -____-; Sorry for the ghetto-fabulous image. I had to take a picture of my drawing with my phone, and then upload it from my phone and edit it online O_O

Sir Monte the Retired

Monte's bald, because he's always mussing with his hair. Not to mention he's so excitable, he probably worried all his hair away. He has liver spots too, from being out in the sun all day, questing and training... His cane top is actually the old, tarnished, battle-worn handle of his sword. Monte lost Tail on one terrible quest; the loyal sidekick has a headstone in the family graveyard. And Monte's right wing is all torn up from another quest some years after that. He was never the same once he lost his ability to fly. Monte now wears those pleated khakis all old people wear, and he needs suspenders to keep them on. He still insists on hobbling around shirtless, though.

That's Zesiro and Kaida on the right. Iro's grown into his whiskers and horns, finally! And he had just walked out for a smoke when he overheard his Dad telling war stories again; hence the cigarette in paw. I couldn't decide what Kaida was wearing: a tight t-shirt, a flowy babydoll T to pretend to hide her massive belly, a maternity shirt because she's not just fat she's preggerz... couldn't decide.

Those grandbabies are Iro's and Kaida's, respectively. The girl in the princess costume's got flame stripes, pigtails, and a feathered tail and wings. She's like if Iro, Corky and Latte made Test Tube Baby Soup, which really, when you think about it, is the way Iro would prefer to make babies. Select which traits you want and grow them in a petri dish? Like a mad scientist?! Yes, please! I'm sorry the picture's not colored, but if it were, her dress would be purple and black - no way Iro would let his little Dark Princess bring pink into his house! The boy with the cape and the sword is Kaida's son. He's got a flame tail, flame paws, and then dapples around his eyes and cheeks, and big spikes down his back and tail. It's supposed to be ambiguous whether he's the son of Denali, Jakal, Pintaq or someone from the Dalmetio family. I actually kind of like the idea of the Draco's and the Dalmetio's burying the hatchet two generations later with little grandbabies <3

If you can't read the captions, they go something like this:

Monte: "Did I ever tell you kids about the time I lost my Tail?"
Zesiro: "Don't start, Dad. We'll never get to the movies on time."
Grandbabies: "Tell it again , Grandpa!"
Kaida: "We might leave faster if somebody weren't allergic to doing the dishes!"

I have had this little strip in my head for weeks, and it was one of the most difficult things to put on paper. Wrinkles are hard, man!
thanks for the memories

Auri

Oh, no, Monte lost Tail?  o_O  That's awful!

Su: Not my fault if he won't take a prosthetic wing so he can fly, though. Or a personal jetpack. 

Heikue grows up to become the neighborhood's crazy cat lady.

I have two other sketches but don't have time to scan/upload right now... maybe tomorrow!

Edit!
It's past the deadline so these may not be worth points, but:

I see Sulari as being the sort to end up very gaunt in her old age- a bag of bones, really.  She doesn't get around as well as she used to and is starting to lose her vision (though she might have some kind of magitek-powered camera which broadcasts a telepathic feed for when she really needs to get a good look at stuff...) .  When she's awake, she putters around with blueprints and basic concepts, but leaves most of the manual labor to her apprentices (who may or may not be her grandchildren or great-grandchildren.)

One of those descendants, as a wee one, paid an unexpected visit to the workshop and tried to jump into one of Sulari's prototypes before she could stop him. She sacrificed her left hand to jam the gears so her device wouldn't crush the kid.  Robo-hand V1 was a clumsy affair, since she had to build it single-handedly (ha), but she's on version 5 or 6 now and it's got better grip strength and a wider range of motion than her real hand.  Not that she's in any hurry to add on any more cyborg parts, though.

Vasaru, meanwhile, has barely aged at all.  Happy as ever... and supremely lucky to have a few Healing-type mages as friends, because there is no way in heck that he should've made it through life with all of his parts intact.

Yinmora is already old and isn't amused by this challenge.  (Though really, she'll just keep getting more and more grey hairs over the years, until she's almost pure white.  )

I really need to revise this old picture from 2009 because it didn't take into account the fact that Jin's whiskers should keep growing and his horns should get longer and heavier. 

Garfy

Yay! I will count them but give you some deduxtion. I have a test today but I'll try to get to scoring soon! Who is hosting next month? Is it me? I feel like it might be.