[Casual-Mature] Cinnamon scented smoke

Started by Dedo, January 23, 2009, 02:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dedo

((Okay kids, let's see how long I last with this one..!  Becoming bored again, I have reverted Dedo back to ALIVE!  Specifically this version of him -- http://buscar.deviantart.com/art/Old-Art-Dragon-82881010.  You don't get in depth reasons why because I don't have any good reasons for anything I do.  Also should be noted that I neither condone nor condemn the use of tobacco products.  Dedo's a dragon and thus inhales smoke for fun – you guys probably shouldn't run out and buy a hookah now just because of the health risks involved, but whatever you do with your lives is your own choice.

Also note that I'm labeling this as a casual rp -- meaning that you can come and go as you please and I don't expect this to go anywhere, just be lazy and hang around here to talk.  Come if you want to tell a story, get to know someone in particular, etc.  Please don't join if you want to show up to pull the story away from its current setting or start a fight... just out of common courtesy 8D  You might think it's lame to just hang out but that's all Dedo feels like doing.  No epic adventures plz.  Also labeling this as "mature" for the touchy subject of tobacco use.  Mods can feel free to censor me if you feel necessary.))

One of the newer establishments in the Plaza of the dragon clan lands was none other than an eastern themed tea house/hookah bar.  The building had an extremely open concept design, essentially being nothing more than a large tent with no walls situated in a clearing of a heavily wooded area.  Pillows and rugs made up the flooring as well as the seating under the tent, creating an extremely relaxing atmosphere.  From this locale, one could hear cicadas buzzing and smell the fresh sent of grass and wild flowers surrounding the area.  Under the tent the smell of sweet fruit scented shisha was pungent as a light, smoky haze emanated from the center.  The source of the smoke is one large hookah in the center of the tent with multiple hoses offered to random users.  Around this were small, low set tables with tea pots on heat stones to keep the water warm.  A very serene atmosphere on a clear, warm day.

One particular blue and black tipped dragon found his way here to laze about and blow smoke rings around the tent, casually engaging in conversation with any other dragon that happened by for a spell on this particularly lazy afternoon. 

Misha

(Ode and Zen need to stretch their legs a bit, they have been hiding at home for a while and wouldn't mind a break to go relax around the plaza.)

Odephirus was never one to travel far, at least when it came to household issues or dealing with his godchild who just fell into his arms one day. Yet still, Nexis was not being kind of late and her tongue sharp. His godchild was not helping, she was of crawling age he guessed - drow children are so weird - and was constantly tearing up his room. He couldn't scold the cute babe, but it did not help with his nerves. Before he would rip his hair out he decided to call up an old friend who he knew liked to get out and just relax now again.

"Hey Zen! How's it been?"

"Oh you know the usual, tired and soar. Trying to make ends meet as always. Course training sessions with Rathan when I can find him don't help."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Hey, would you like to just go off for a day? No stress, worries, obligations?"

"Odephirus, you know that's not my style."

"I know, you've been your gentlemanself lately. I've seen it when you're around that purple girl, clair-?"

"Calyai.. And your point?"

"Come oooon! Just for one day, found this nice relaxing place in the plaza. Kind of a bar/tea place. I think you'll like it."

"Oh fine, I'll meet you in the plaza in an hour."

"See you then."

Click.

Odephirus was already in the plaza center waiting as Zen showed up. Ode had already been there for half an hour, but he wasn't about admit that. He gave Zen a brief hug, knowing that he wasn't a big fan of close contact from other males and accepted Ode's preference in consorts though did not quite enjoy the fact. "Come on, it's just this way." Ode lead the way through the lightly crowded streets to a place set to the side, though obviously new, with one or two people walking in and out. They entered, Zen coughing instantly at the smoke along the ceiling where as Ode passed underneith it easily enough. Zen stood an easy eight feet tall compared to Ode's 4' 7 stature. The fire dragon was having a hard time adjusting to the place but Ode felt a home. This reminded him of the places he used to go with an old lover called Kaine, who would club hop with him.

"Over there, where the Hookah is."

"Over where the... what is?"

Ode grabbed Zen by the wrist and pulled him along. When they reached it both took a seat just as Ode looked across to see a blue and black dragon exhailing a smoke ring. "You look familiar.. do I know you?" Ode asked him.

"Odephirus, always the rude one."

Dedo

Dedo opened one eye and peered through the haze at the one addressing him. 

"If we have met, I unfortunately don't remember making your acquaintance.  Shall we start over?"

He extended his free hand in a gesture of friendship.  "You can call me Dedo by the way."

Misha

((My appologies for long delayed reply, been out for a few days sick))

Odephirus accepted the hand and grasped his firm, but not hard, and gave it a single shake. "I'm Odephirus, though most call me Ode."

Zen cocked an eye at Ode, crossed his arms as the fires of his 'hair' turned from orange to a deep set red before relaxing into a soft pale green. "Oh!," Ode gave with a start, "This is Zenfenix."

Zen smiled and offered his hand to the dragon, "You may call me Zen."

Dedo

((NO!  I AM THE BEST AT DELAYING RESPONSES TO RPS!  ME!  *reclaims title*))

Dedo shook Zen's hand.  Pleasure.  What brings you two to this tea house today?

Aside from the three of them and whoever it was that was running the place, the tent was empty, so it seemed somewhat appropriate to ask how/why each of them found their way there.