Small question...

Started by kiera, June 16, 2008, 03:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiera

This question is a little odd, but I need to know before I decide to join.  

I read in the rules that there is only one dragon allowed per new member.  So here's the situation.

The dragon I plan on introducing can split herself into two halves.  Even though she can divide her body in two she is still considered a single being.
(I'll go into more detail if requested to.)

Basically I need to know whether or not a dragon having this ability violates the one dragon only rule.  Does it, or not?  I just don't want to break a rule without realizing it.

Zeph

Oh no, it doesn't violate the "one and only rule" rule.  In fact, you can create more than one dragon, you just enter one to start ant then introduce the rest.

A dragon that can split herself into two? Interesting!  I can't wait to learn more about her!

Taiyofu-Isek-Veuchen-Fauvant-Trink-Dilah-Mangosteen

Tsugi

If it is one entity/one conscience I would think it would be fine, especially if it's an ability and she's not always in 2 forms.

Well, I think it works anyway xD Apply!

Aeries

Party subjective too I think...for instance, Beaky has her two headed dragon registered as two seperate dragons, even though she could register them as one if she wanted to. If your dragon is generally always split in two, you might want to register as two different accounts, but if your dragon is usually in one body, then probbly just as one....I think it's pretty much your descion!

Hoagii

*agrees with Jamie/Arakris* You don't have to register her as two separate characters unless you want to. And if you decide to make her as two parts, just register as one for now. As soon as you post in the Member Directory and get your account verified, you can collect an egg to make her second half :)

She sounds interesting! I'll be looking forward to learning more ^^

◕ ◡ ◕
~Nox~

Em

*nods* I Have a dragon, Aexaneseth aka 'Seth'. He's possessed by a ghostspirit, and that spirit takes over from time to time. I dont' have them signed up as two dragons though because only one exists at any time really.. However, even if they could BOTH exist, I wouldn't consider them needing to have their own accounts unless Faelin, the spirit, developed completely as his own character and I felt he was independent of Seth. It's really up to you, I think. I'm interested to learn more about your dragon! :3

Anduhre | Seth | Jhaded | Zuhne | Lohaki | Calyai | Khysm | Qinae  | Diamante | Estraea | Ekris | Nahende | Rauvi

kiera

Wow, that's a load off my shoulders.  Thanks for the help!

Dreamillia

*agrees with the clanners* I'll be glad to see you around! :D

Ebony Vespers | Gu Mei | Dreamillia | Umbra | Dishonor | Leucetius

Beaky

*is Beaky* I've answered this question before, but I'll throw my two cents in once again. My twin-header, Don and Van, consider themselves individuals, even though they are conjoined from the shoulders down. I chose to create separate accounts for them because I consider them two different characters; they think for themselves and control different halves of their body. Other clanners, like Rana's dragon Truth, are "possessed" by a second character. Because the two characters not only share a body, but have the ability to take over the mind or actions of the other, than it makes more sense to RP them through one account. In my opinion, it comes down to a matter of free will.

In your case, your character seems certain that she is an individual despite her peculiar ability. So one account it is ^^. Incidentally, my dragon Monte's wife, Julius, split into a sort of Good Twin Bad Twin. Ni, the owner, considers Julius and Lucifer to be two different dragons now. To each his/her own.

And as a note of clarification, it's not just new members but all members are allowed 1 egg (to be turned into a dragon account) each month. You can easily trade for or win more eggs. I've earned five dragons in one month, so don't feel trapped by the egg rule. If you change your mind and want to create a second account, there will always be time.

thanks for the memories